The Student Development Office (SDO) works in partnership with various development offices across the university, including the Careers Service.
Our colleagues in the Careers Service have developed toolkits to help you identify and achieve your goals.
Understand what motivates you and assess your skills and strengths to help you make career decisions.
Discover What's Out There
Graduate jobs, part-time work, further study - explore your options and research the possibilities.
- Moving onto a PhD
- Find jobs while you are a student
- Find jobs after you graduate
- Meet and hear from employers
- Find out what you can do with your degree
Employers are looking for people who can demonstrate a breadth of interests and skills as well as a good academic record.
Make it Happen
Writing CVs, cover letters and applications, practising selection tests and preparing for interviews or assessment centres.
- Planning your Masters year
- Understanding the recruitment process
- How to write CVs and applications
- Selection tests
- Interviews and assessment centres
Advice on some of the behaviours which will help you to make an easy transition into the workplace and perform well in your role.