Your MSc journey should be led by you
Each student has their own individual motivation for returning to graduate-level study; some will have just finished an undergraduate degree while others will be returning to academia from the workplace. The most important element of your personal development during the MSc year is understanding your own 'why'.
Questions such as:
- Why did I sign-up for the MSc?
- What do I want from this year?
- What strengths/experiences do I bring to the process?
- What skills do I need to focus on in my professional development?
- What opportunities can I take advantage of to help me reach my goals this year?
- What do I plan to do after graduation and what skills will I need to do this?
The SDO 'Skills for Success' workshop can help you to answer some of these key questions. SDO staff will lead you through a structured planning process, thinking about your values, skills and developmental goals for the coming year. We'll also be discussing all the support opportunities available and how you can connect with the wider development community across the university.