- Course Selection
The course selection form is open until Friday 10 September 2021. If you have not yet chosen your courses, please check your student email account for a link to the form.
Please check your personal contact email for a link to the course selection form.
You should confirm your course choices with your programme director/personal tutor at your first individual meeting.
- Course Changes
- You may request a change of course once per semester.
- Course changes are subject to availability and Course Organiser approval.
- If you would like to take a course that is not listed on your programme, approval from your programme director, the course organiser and course administrator is required. All three approvals should be sent to email@example.com.
- Course change requests can be made up to the end of Week 2 of the semester in which the course is taught.
- The deadline for Semester 1 course change requests is 5pm Wednesday 29th September 2021.
- Auditing Courses
MSc students may be able to 'audit' the equivalent of one 20-credit courses per semester, in addition to their standard requirement of 120 credits. Auditing means that students sit in on a course they are interested in without being formally assessed for their performance. Audited courses appear on the final transcript as 'class only' and do not incur any course credits.
Auditing is at the discretion and by approval of the course organiser and some courses might not accept auditing students, for example, if the course is already full. Some may only allow auditing students to attend lectures, while others may expect them to play a full role in seminar discussions. It is each student’s own responsibility to contact course organisers before signing up for their course to clarify whether auditing it is possible and under what circumstances.
Students wanting to audit a course must follow this process:
- Student sends email to relevant course organiser requesting permission to audit course
- Student sends email to their programme director requesting permission to audit course
- Once approval has been received via email from both the course organiser and the programme director, the student must forward both emails (as ONE email) to the PG Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once received, the PG Support team will update the student record accordingly.
- The course will appear on student record as 'class only'.
Please note, it is students’ own responsibility to check their course record on MyEd to ensure that they are signed up in the correct study mode for each course.
Please also note, a request to audit a course may be accepted provisionally, but may be withdrawn if that place is needed by a student taking the course for credit.
It may be possible for students to withdraw from an elective course, provided there is a valid reason for the withdrawal. Please note, any withdrawals made after week 6 each semester remain visible on your record.