International Relations Research Group
The International Relations Research Group is located within Politics and International Relations, but we are an interdisciplinary group of researchers. We welcome research students and staff from across the School of Social and Political Science as members, and invite them to attend, participate and present at our meetings.
Key Research Themes:
- International Politics
- International Political Theory
- Theories of International Relations
- International/Global Security
- Sociology of IR knowledge
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- Global Development
- International Political Economy
- Historical Sociology
Research Group Convenor(s):
Research Group Activities:
The research group meets weekly during the semester. Members or invited speakers share their research papers a week in advance, and then have the opportunity to present their work and receive feedback in an intensive but friendly hour-long meeting.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings take place during term time, 1-2pm, Room 2.15 of the Chrystal Macmillan Building, 15A George Square, Edinburgh, EH8 9LD.
Please find below a list of courses that our representative of the IR Research Group's work;
- Theories of International Relations, PLIT10053 (UG)
- Global Security, PLIT10094 (UG)
- International Relations Theories, PGSP11156 (PG)
- International Security, PGSP11162 (PG)
Research Group Members: